Friday, January 14, 2011

New Friend

It is cool, misty morning. It does not look like the clouds are going to burn off today. I think this is the olives favorite kind of weather..... though, i really don't know whether this is true or not. I am continuing to get faster at trellising and pruning, that is until i hit row 49. I don't know what happened on this row but by about a quarter of the way down it, I bailed. There are only 54 rows and number 49 is going to be the one i do last....it's a mess! While out in the field, i did stumble onto a new friend. He has actually been hanging out in the field for awhile before we formally met. It is Mr. Tumble Weed! Actually, Mr. Weed has a buddy over in row 51. That makes the field quite crowded with two tumblers, about a 1000 olive trees and myself. Tomorrow, I should be finishing up with trellising and we will see where i go from there.